WHO IS IT FOR?
- Those who normally wear brow makeup on a daily basis
- Oily skin condition who are not good candidates for 100% microblading but would still like to see some hairstrokes
- Anyone who likes a very groomed, natural look to their brow
- Anyone with missing brow hair or with sparse hair growth
HOW DOES THE PROCEDURE WORK?
- Before the procedure, your existing brows & skin will be analyzed. Then, using your individual bone structure and the Golden Ratio technique, a new shape is carefully drawn out. Your brow will be tailored for you…no cookie cutter / stencil designs.
- WOW COMBO BROWS are done in 2 sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart. In the first session the shape will be set, color will be deposited and the foundation of your new brows will be built. In the follow up “Perfection Session” we will spot correct, adjust size if needed and finalize the perfect color. Occasionally, depending on your individual healing process, a third session may be required. Your first session will be 2.5-3.5 hours depending on your skin & your artist. The final result should not be judged until 4-6 weeks after the touch up procedure.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR THIS PROCEDURE?
- Those taking Rx blood thinners ( must have a physician’s note.)
- Pregnant or Nursing
- A history of keloid scarring or active eczema/psoriasis in the brow area
- Diabetic (if not using insulin, you may get a physician’s note of approval)
- Chemotherapy & Radiation ( must be at least 12 months post treatment)
- Viral Infections or Diseases such as Hepatitis B
- Epilepsy (consult with your physician)
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- If you normally take antibiotics prior to dentist visits you must be premedicated prior to your microblading session and have a physician’s note.
- Organ transplant (consult your physician)
- Actively sick (flu/cold symptoms)
- Recent Botox or Dysport (must wait minimum of 2 weeks)
- Currently taking Accutane or any oral form of retinoid ( must wait 6 months for treatment)
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- Do not drink coffee or energy drinks on the day of treatment. Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen (Advil) 24 hours before treatment.
- Do not take Omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment
- Do not tan or have intentional sun exposure 3 days before treatment
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser or other treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Do not wax, tweeze or tint brows for 7 days prior.
- Shower & fix your hair (due to the fact that you will need to avoid getting the application area wet for several days).
- If you desire/require a patch test, it must be done 24-48 hours prior to treatment. Please discuss with your artist.
- Prior Microblading/PMU not done by our artists will need to be evaluated for suitability of new service. A photograph is fine or a consultation is available free of charge
- After Care is an extremely important part of the healing process. The ultimate success of your procedure relies on your diligence to after care instruction.
- The tattooed area will be dark for the first several days and then will fade about 50% after the first three days into a natural shade.
- While healing, the tattoo will look spotty. Do not be alarmed by fading after the first application. The final color cannot be judged until at least 3 weeks after the 2nd appointment. This is the reason follow-ups are required.
- If there is any swelling immediately after the procedure, an ice pack should be applied for no more than 15 minutes at a time
- DAY 1: 30-60 minutes after treatment it is necessary to clean your brows with a ph neutral wipe or soap which will be provided in your AfterCare Kit. This removes excess pigment and lymph and prevents thick scabbing. Thick scabbing is the enemy of pigment retention so do not neglect this step. Clean gently with the wipe or fingertips. If using soap, rinse & air dry or blow dry on low. Then apply a small amount of ointment/ balm from your AfterCare Kit.
- Day 2-10: AM- Shower, avoid brows. PM- Wash brows, air or blow dry, then apply ointment. If a soap isn’t part of your kit, you can use Dial or Baby Shampoo.
- While healing do not use ANY other products around the treatment area or submerge in water ( i.e. swimming, showers )
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, steam rooms and heavy sweating.
- Do not pick, itch or touch! Light scab must remain for 5+ days to keep pigment. If brows feel uncomfortably dry or itchy apply a small amount of ointment.
- Avoid sleeping with your face pressed against your pillow. Use a fresh pillowcase the first night & change regularly. Silk or satin is ideal.
- Avoid applying makeup to the brow area for 10 days.